Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nantes part 1

And an experience it was... I went to go take the train at 9 pm.. and noticed that it was the only different one on the "Departures board" so I went into customer serviced and asked about it.. and the nice Spanish guy told me ...that they didn't know any real information about it.. and they they were still waiting on France to tell them what was going on... As time went by.. the board changed to some other thing I didn't know... SO I went in to ask again.. and this time they flat out told me the train had been cancel and they were in the process of getting us (all 150+ people) buses.. but .. to makes this story shorter.. a 12h trip by train .. turned into a 15h trip by bus.. I missed my connecting train.. (oh.. and other fun fact.. there was some Volcano or something.. that caused all this fogged.. and no air-crafts have been flying throughout .. all of France.. and.. i think some parts of Europe as well ..so everyone that was suppose to be flying .. are trying to take trains out.. )all trains were booked ( the ones that were running that is because there is still a strike going on in France) .. until Wednesday the 21th... luckaly.. I went to a different train station in Paris.. and found a local train that had still some seats..that would be me closer to nantes.. and then from there.. i'd have to find another train... lol... I did...and I finally got to Nantes at 7:15pm Clemence was waiting for me at the train station, we walked to her place.. and we made dinner with her roommate and her sister..ate and then we watch "the gladiator" it was nice. a great end of a long day.

April 19th!
Was my brothers birthday! :) I went downtown to visit the Castle of the Dukes of Brittany ( its one of the little pictures bellow.. or its in his birthday video too.. ) Its quite nice... the museum ( the inside of the castle) cost money... so I didn't go it.. but I did walk around all the little service path... around the towers, and such...

Later on that day I met back up with Clemence and we went to L'ile des Machine which is a wicked cool island , and industrial island where they have decided to built giant machines...like this one!

It moved and shoots out smoke and everything.. .you can even take a ride on it.. (see the top part .. its big enough for like.. 15 Asians to stand there!) I didn't get to see this one move... but.. just imagining it was pretty awesome!

On the rest of the island there's all these ... warehouses.. empty buildings.. and shipyards.. and then there was this rings... for .. modern art purposes ?? lol I'm not sure.. but I took this picture.. and I'm quite proud of it !


Clemence and I walked back to meet her roommate and some of her friends.. we had some coffee European style.. so in an outside "terrace" of a coffee shop.. which was pretty much just like drinking coffee in the middle of the street ;) and that night all of her friends came over.. and they had this nice little dinner party... Quite an enjoyable evening. ( althought its not always to jump into a group of friends.. and fit in...)

April 20th... I stayed "home" and did some planning for the rest of my trip ..
OH side note it turns out that I'm staying here in Nantes until the 23rd and then going to Besancon .... I'm technecly in the Loivre Valley District anyways..


Here are some pictures of Nantes.. and as always.. more can be found in the photobucket under Eurotrip > Nantes

No comments:

Post a Comment