Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lyon


Lyon! Lyon! Is a beautiful city! I don't know if its because I missed hearing french all around me.. or because the sun was shinning 2/3 days that I was there.. but it was great. My first host Ange (Merci Lucrece) meet me at La Gare Part-Dieu and we walked to her apartment, which is literary a 5 min walk. :), to drop of my stuff, have some tea and then she took me on a "tour" around lyon, and old lyon. It was really nice! she kept telling me things( the history of some buildings, the traditions) about the city i wouldn't of figured out .. Im sure if I was walking on my own.. We saw a miniature museum, a trabule ( which as "secret path" people used to escape during the revolution) and then She brought me to a painted wall, which was a side of a building, completely painted 3D style so that it would look like the other side of a building... here's a picture.. I'm sure it makes more sense then me trying to explain it !

One example, and then here's another


The next day I ventured out on my own, to the Fourviere

(which was a nice little hour and a half walk uphill... lol I'm gonna see in better shape that the end of this.. ) It was totally worth it though because on the way there I got to see a little bite of the social life of lyon, I walked through a College and listen to all the teens talk about their lives... Later that after noon I met up with Ange and she took me around with her while she ran erans.. and then she brought me to "Parc de la TĂȘte d'or" Which from what she told me,seem amazing... plants from all over the world, a zoo.. deers giraffes and elephants.. I which i had the energy to stay there longer and see all of that.. but traveling really takes it out of me..

The next day I was off to my my host, Izou ( a Quebecoise!) She was loads of fun! She had a bunch of food from Quebec in her apartment, So I got to drink some V8 and eat "le pettir quebec" cheese.. and we talked in Quebecois..( and yes its different than french from france.. lol ) I thought it was great ! made me miss Quebec ...
When her boyfriend got home, they brought me to Ikea! (Which looks exactly the same as the Ikea in Quebec, or the one in the States that I've been to.) I love ikea! I don't know why.. but I always like going there! SO that was an other fun experience...
At night they took me to a "typical" Bouchon lyonnaise called "La Machonnerie"
http://www.lamachonnerie.com/ Great food! ate lots of meat to give my body strength!!!
After a very long day.. I decided to push back my schedule a bit.. and allow my self to sleep in the next morning... ( super idea! ) But I'm not sure if it really made all that big of a difference for the trains that i was suppose to catch .. because since the 6th of April there has been this strike going on with the trains in France.. and on the 8th ( the day I planned to go to Montpeillier) they strike had gotten worst.. more than half of the trains were canceled.. people we're running around very chaotically .. So the fact that I got to the train station around 3.. was kind of good luck.. i guess Since i found out.. the 3 earlier trains I could of taken had been canceled.. along with the train i wanted to take.. I ended up hoping on the next train ( which was 55mins late) to Montpellier.
This train was so crowed that there was people standing in the ilse, people in the connections between trains... I ended up sitting in the hallway where the restrooms were, for 3 hours.. ( all in all it wasn't that bad.. I was laughing most of the time... listening to some music Izou gave me. ) I actually got to Montpellier at an earlier time that I was suppose to with the other train...(because the other train was regional , and the one I hoped on was a high speed train.. ) It all worked out. and now I'm here writing to you guys. :) how are you guys all doing ? leave me a comment!

(Oh side note.. I'm noticing, as I re-read these post sometimes.. that I use the words, "awesome" "great" "Wonderful" "amazing" a lot.. I hope its not obnoxious, write me a comment letting me know... maybe I'll change the style of the blogs a bit.. )

4 comments:

  1. Lyon sounds like a blast!!! Love that building art. Glad you are having so much fun over there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. magnifique amuse toi beaucoup love dad xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be there with you!!!!

    here things are well, we got three more weeks of classes, so all my current projects are finals. So we're working it.

    Lyon, looks beautiful, and it looks like youve got some older post on the italian blog, Amazing photos!

    Much love little sister, you are so exciting!!!! la vie c'est magnifique

    ReplyDelete