Sunday, April 25, 2010

Besancon

I got to Besancon around one the train..was delayed about 20 mins.. which is not all that bad.. for the SNCF… ( which is presently. No longer on strike! I’m excited about that ! lol ) Juliane was waiting for me there with her sister ( I think its popular to have your sister visit you during your vacations.. oh yes.. did I forget to mention.. for the last two weeks.. I think.. its been.. kind of like spring break in france.. for the College students.. ) . Juliane is a fellow Rotary International veteran ! It was great to reminisce about the good ol’ past.. when ii first traveled abroad on my own… Juliane was one of the exchange students that came to Connecticut… the year I was off to Venezuela.. we met at a picnic.. while our Rotary experiences over lapped! I had a great time at Besancon over all! Even though it was a short visit.. from the 23 mid day.. to the 25th 8h00 when I caught my train to Paris.. ( which is where I’m writing you guys from by the way ! hihi ..smiles.. I’m running on 4 hours of sleep this time ! )
As soon as I got to Besancon we went directly to Juliane’s house in her cute little cat!! Fiat 500 to drop up my stuff off, and then without losing time.. we went to do some grocery shopping and then to the historical center of the city to walk around a bit .. and then back home to do some laundry.. and then to Juliane’s school.. for an even organization meeting she had to attend… then to a friends house to pick up the mattress I was going to sleep on.. Some more back in forth.. it was hilarious trying to fit a twin mattress inside a fiat 500 ! :)
then back to their place to eat some American Dominos Pizza lol.. I love the clash of culture! the rest of the evening was very college life like! .. apt hopping.. from gatherings to gatherings.. in a group of 10 people … I got an insider look… on the “quiet” ( near exam week) French college life style. It was great lol!
The 24th The same group of friends from the night before threw a BBQ in the yard behind their apartment complex. We got some sun! and ate hot dogs.. French style.. with.. real sausages.. and French baguettes.. for the buns!  it made me smile! .. Some of the guys played “baseball” and then.. juliane, her sister, and I went to “La Cintadelle” http://www.citadelle.com/ which is a fort/castle from.. the medieval period… which they turned into a zoo! We saw Kangaroos , lions, tigers, monkeys ( all types ! ) flamingos and many more

check out the pics! Eurotrip > Besancon I had a blast there! I like the fact that it wasn’t just .. an old stone fort.. like.. they actually made something out of it.. something that would attract visitors of all ages.. and not just historians :-)
Later than day we went back in to town to get out self hydrated and meet up with some other friends to go to a Chinese restaurant ! and……..yes Chinese food in France is different.. perfect example this is stir fried rice … in france Smiles! We stayed at the restaurant.. I think it must have been at least five hours… with the slow service.. and .. then us talking.. fun times. We ended the night early thought because my and Julian sister ( her names mailene (probably spelling it wrong .. but its pronounce my-lene in English.. lol )(( yes mom your with me in spirit ! )) had to catch the 8h16 train to Paris….

-Write to me guys ! I love getting feedback on what I share with you all!!!
Xox. Lorriane

3 comments:

  1. je suis tres heureux de te lire je trouve ton voyage tres le fun profite en a fond tu me fait revé a chaque foi que je te lit tes photo son ecoeurante big big bisou oxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. and where is your adventure taking you next?

    love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. paris !! then belgic!! and then amsterdam! (and that's all in the first month! )

    next month is a different ball game!

    ReplyDelete