Monday, April 12, 2010

Montpellier

Hey Reader,
So I'm a little behind schedule with the blogging... I left Montpellier yesterday.. but I didn't have the change to blog then... so I'm blogging now :)

Once I finally got to Montpellier, I asked around to know where the closest public phones were.. I had to call Angelica.. I ended up walking into some hospital looking building.. and they kindly let me use their phone... Angelica had the dates.and days confused.. so she was actually surprise to hear my voice.. ( got me a bit worried.. ) lol but it all worked out.. she came and got me.. from where I was.. and we walked to her cute little apartment... She had a friend over(karin) .. and they were about to watch a movie.. so I joined them. Relaxed little evening.

The next day we went out to try to figure out the train schedual of my departing day.. ( since everything is .. dis-organized because of the strike.. the SNCF websites are shut down... most of the local SNCF offices are shut down too...) NO luck... But i stayed optimistic...

Then Angelica and Karin invited me on a type of school trip to Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert. Which is a cute medieval town up in the mountains. We walked around all day..It was beautiful, the sun was out..




(check out the pic. photobucket>Eurotrip>MOntpellier )

on Sunday we went to an outside market that had a nice little feel to it... I definitely loved the colors.. and then we went to the beach!

I was surprise how warm it was outside.. for early april.. And in btween our outings.. I got to know Montpellier's downtown

the tram system( a kind of like a train/bus above ground), some of its beautiful neighborhoods.. and its exchange student.. lol ( Angelica and Karin are Swedish girls currently studying in France. lol they reminded me of me.. in Perugia.)

CHANGE OF PLANS FOR SPAIN, I'm not longer going to Madrid.. I decided to stay longer in Barcelona, rest at this great hostel I found and enjoy it more.

4 comments:

  1. je suis tres heureux de vivre sa avec toi merci ma chérie de me faire vivre sa avec toi grosse bise oxoxoxooxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, ça marche lol!!
    C'est vraiment le fun de lire tes aventures!! et voir toutes ces photos! Je suis allée exactement là, à Lyon sur la place où il y a cette énorme fonaite avec des chevaux :-)
    J'adore lire ton blog et non, il n'y a pas trop de superlatifs (amazing, wonderful, etc.!!) m'en suîs même pas rendu compte! bisoubisoubisou <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah merci lucrece! pour me lire! et merci encore pour les contact.. they were super nice ! merci a J.M aussi!

    ReplyDelete