Monday, May 3, 2010

Belgium

Pairs Nord-Brussels-Namur-Charleroi
Each travel day... seems to be longer and longer... the train train to Charleroi that normally takes an hour and a half from Paris Nord... took me.. about 6 and a half hour counting the time in between my transfers and the actually time I spend aboard the train... I had a four hour lay over in Brussels.. so I decided to venture out and get to know the city a little... I figured the train station I was at.. had to be the one that was on the map that I had of the center.... but... once I got outside I realize I was way off .. (Brussels. actually.. has.. 3 or 4 different train station) I had walked out strait into the "zone" as they say here ( the ghetto ) of Brussels.. and granted it was day light.. but with my laptop in my bag.. and the fact that I wasn't extremely awake.. and energetic.. the ghetto didn't seem very welcoming.. (nor safe as a matter of fact..) So.. after walking in a circle..trying to find my way back.. I headed directly to the train station.. and waited out the four hours in a coffee shop..

Once I got to Chareloi Mathile was waiting there for me with the mom and her sister.. that was on the same train that i was. It was wonderful to see her again! We talked about our future travel plans and our study abroad in Italy all weekend long.. and she took me to all these school events of hers where I got to meet a bunch of her friends.. and fellow scouts! It was great to be adopted into her family! and her life style! Towards the end of my stay we went to Brussels for a day( which was an adventure on its own.. We rushed to a train.. that came in late anyways..and since we planed on buying our tickets on the train.. and we never got controlled.. we rode for free to Brussels aka comic book heaven... we walked around a whole lot.. visited the Comic book museum.. and then I saw this building in the distant.. that looked important.. and we decided to set out for it... little did we know.. after walking an hour in the rain in the same direction.. the building hadn't gotten any closer .. we were discouraged.. but we kept on.. and when we finally got to this .. building we found out that it was a closed church.. lol .. fun fun... ) and then to Namur where her door room is :) It was a Short but Sweet little insight into life in Belgium! Just like this blog is!


More Pictures like always can be found in my Photobucket under Eurotrip> Belgium

4 comments:

  1. tres tres jolie jespere que les frite etais delicieuse jai hate de te serré dans mes bras continue ton tres beau voyage et beaucoup de patience pour tes attente de transport nous t aimons oxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ding dong internet, it just ate my comment.


    I was just writing a final on Brussels, about Tintin and Herge, I'm so jealous you visited the comic book museum.

    How are the fries, and have you tried the beer. hmmm hmmm. in moderation of course. lol,

    i hear you are getting beat up on your travel, are you able to take a week off and just rest in one place for a while, read a book, eat some good food. do a little exercise, striparobics perhaps, lol, you know the drill. you got to keep your body and mind in good shapes.

    we all miss you, yves says hi, and he enjoys your blog. we all do.

    I'm in florida, with lily, going to here cousin's wedding, afterword we're planning to visit the oil spill, new orleans area, maybe some time in miami, thanks for inspiring us to get off our mountains. lol

    kisses and hugs, hope we get to skype soon.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. merci pour me lire ! xox a bienttot !

    et simon! i wanna read ur final.. on brussel.. what did you write ??

    beat up.. ya.. its more exausting then i thaught.. but I mean i think it was because of all the constant moving around... Since april 1 Ived slept in 14 different beds.. ( if you can call them that.. some were floors... lol )
    but may going to be more.. relaxed.. im changing my plans around.. and i think im going to go to berlin for a week...then.. munich.. verona.. pisa and perugia..and then rome...to catch my plane... I mean i ll miss out on some places.. but lets be real.. their towns.. ive never really heard of before.. so its not like i know what ill be missing.. lol and plus it'll give me a good reason to come back to Europe..

    strip arobics.. your funny! ( I never got all the dvd ..for my 21st bday maybe?? hint hint )

    Hi yves! I'm excited to see you all again! your grand parents write to me.. like every blog I post! their very supportive I <3 them! Very grateful you guys are all interested in my life and travels!!!


    lol have fun in florida! take some pics for me ! ive never been there yet!

    Skype you soon !! lots of love !!

    ReplyDelete